Like travel, quotes have the power to inform, inspire, or make us laugh. Sometimes all at once.
These quotes about travelling will inspire a case of wanderlust or remind you of everything that goes along with life on the road.
Over the years we have compiled a list of our favourite quotes about adventure and travel, quotes about travel and love, safe travel quotes, travel photography quotes, and more.
Hope you’ll find a few that will resonate with you!
Need Vacation Quotes
We know what it’s like to be eagerly awaiting a vacation. These explore the world quotes remind us what it’s like to be impatient for some time off in a new place.
- “A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking.” – Earl Wilson
- “An upcoming vacation gives us something to eagerly anticipate.” – Jaime Kurtz
- “Take vacations, go as many places as you can, you can always make money, you can’t always make memories.”
Inspirational Travel Quotes
These quotes on travel are truly inspirational. So much so, they will have you packing your bags and making up your own quotes about travelling in no time!
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucius
- “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.” – Anais Nin
- “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Buber
- “It is better to travel well than to arrive.” – Buddha
- “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” – Saint Augustine
- “Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of the experience.” – Francis Bacon
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
- “Travel like Gandhi, with simple clothes, open eyes, and an uncluttered mind.” – Rick Steve
- “Travel far enough you meet yourself.” – David Mitchell
- “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” ― Anita Desai
- “Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.” – Roy M. Goodman
- “He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.” – Chinese proverb
- “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
Friends and Travel Quotes
There are few pleasures as great as going on a trip with friends. If you need a few wise words to describe how you feel, these “adventure with friends quotes” remind us of the joy (and sometimes challenge) of travelling with our closest pals.
Trip with Friends Quotes
Quotes on travelling are often about sharing experiences – and there is no one better to share these unique experiences with than with a close friend.
- “There is a whole world out there. Pack your backpack, your best friend and go.”
- “Life was meant for great adventures and close friends.”
- “A good friend listens to your adventures. Your best friend makes them with you.”
- “Life is meant for good friends and great adventures” – Anonymous
- “Collect moments, not things.”
- “Good company on a journey makes the way seem shorter.” – Izaak Walton.
- “You can pack for every occasion, but a good friend will always be the best thing you could bring!”
- “Travel is better with friends.”
Girls Trip Quotes
Whether you’re headed close or far, a girls’ trip is never a bad idea. These quotes about traveling with your girlfriends reinforce that.
- “I love how badass we think we are when we’re together”
- “Good times + crazy friends = amazing memories”
- “Once in a while, you need to pack a bag, get the girls and go on a road trip.”
Solo Trip Quotes
Travel alone quotes show us that it doesn’t have to be daunting to travel solo. In fact, solo travel quotes often encapsulate the beauty that can come out of getting to know yourself and exploring on your own.
- “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
- “Travel is an investment on yourself” – Anonymous
- “You are the one that possesses the keys to your being. You carry the passport to your own happiness.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
- “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
Couple Travel Quotes
These short travel quotes about going away with your loved one describe more than the day to day of a relationship. They are quotes about adventure and love!
- “Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures.” – Lewis Carroll
- “It doesn’t matter where you are going, it’s who you have beside you.” — Anonymous
- “What we find in a soulmate is not something wild to tame, but something wild to run with.” — Robert Brault
- “Blessed are curious for they shall have adventures.” – Lovelle Drachman
Best Travel Partner Quotes
A travel partner can be a friend, lover, or acquaintance. They make the road easier and a little more fun – these travel together quotes do a great job at summing up a relationship on the road.
- “As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to happen.” – Winnie The Pooh
- “Sharing adventures means enjoying them 100% more.”
- “You and me, we are more than friends. We are like a small travel gang!”
- “Friends that travel together, stay together.”
- “Sometimes all you need is a great friend and thirst for adventure.”
Family Travel Quotes
Whether it’s been a while since you’ve traveled with family or not, these family vacation quotes are short travel quotes that help celebrate the ones we hold closest. Often family are the first people we travel with!
- “The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories.” – Og Mandino.
- “Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.”
- “Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion.” – Leigh Hunt.
- “Two of the greatest gifts we can give our children are roots and wings.” – Hodding Carter.
- “Then I realized adventures are the best way to learn.”
Nature Travel Quotes
These travel quotes about nature remind us how connected we are to the earth.
- “My wish is to stay always like this, living quietly in a corner of nature.” – Claude Monet
- “Not just beautiful, though—the stars are like the trees in the forest, alive and breathing. And they’re watching me.” – Haruki Murakami
- “In nature, nothing is perfect and everything is perfect. Trees can be contorted, bent in weird ways, and they’re still beautiful.” – Alice Walker
- “Nature always wears the colours of the spirit.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Travel Love Quotes
Love can sometimes feel like an adventure in itself. These adventure love quotes touch on themes of traveling with a loved one.
- “Surround yourself with people who make you hungry for life, touch your heart, and nourish your soul.
- “Date someone who is a home and an adventure all at once.”
- “I would like to travel the world with you twice. Once, to see the world. Twice to see the way you see the world.”
- “I want to travel the world with you, go to every country, every city, take pictures and be happy.”
Quotes About Travel and Life
Travel is a part of life. You will find these travel quotes inspirational for many occasions!
- “The gladdest moment in human life is a departure into unknown lands.” – Sir Richard Burton
- “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” – Jennifer Lee
- “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
- “Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times”
- “To travel is to live” – Hans Christian Andersen
- “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer” – unknown
Happy Travel Quotes
These happy journey quotes encapsulate the good-time feelings of being abroad and the joy it can bring. If you are planning a trip these getaway quotes can inspire you for the journey ahead.
On the Road Quotes
Have you ever taken a road trip or ‘been on the road’? These adventure quotes and road trip quotes will help you articulate those special feelings.
- “The road leading to a goal does not separate you from the destination; it is essentially a part of it.” – Charles De Lint
- “If there is a nice road to your destination, you are lucky; if there isn’t any, then you are even luckier because you will have the chance to be a road-creator!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
- “The road never ends … only our vision does.” – Amit Reddy
- “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Train Journey Quotes
There are many ways to travel but one of our favourite ways is by train. These travel the world quotes about trains pick up on the unique feeling of traveling by train.
- “The train is a small world moving through a larger world.” – Alisha Cooper
- “My favorite journey is looking out the window.” – Edward Gorey
- “One should always have something sensational to read in the train.” – Oscar Wilde
- “There’s something about the sound of a train that’s very romantic and nostalgic and hopeful.” – Paul Simon
Adventure Travel Quotes
Travel and adventure are often synonymous with one another. These adventurous quotes are travel quotations from world travelers.
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
- “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Surely, of all the wonders of the world, the horizon is the greatest.” – Freya Stark
- “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
- “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.” ― Melody Truong
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
End of Vacation Quotes
These travel memories quotes help us put into words the feeling you have at the end of a vacation. While at the same time these travel quotes remind of how good it was to have even have had that vacation!
- “Goodbye vacations, goodbye summer, sun and love adventures, goodbye to the days full of fun. This is not a goodbye forever, we will meet again in the next years and it will be even better.”
- “Vacation calories don’t count.” – Unknown
- “Less Monday, more vacay, please.” – Anonymous
- “I’ll miss the vitamin sea.” – Unknown
Famous Travel Quotes
You can’t go wrong garnering some quote inspiration from this collection of famous travel quotes. We won’t be surprised if you’ve noticed them on travel captions before but never knew who wrote or said these best travel quotes.
- “Paris is always a good idea.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “Venice is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs in one go.” – Truman Capote
- “Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit.” – Frank Borman
- “In Italy, they add work and life on to food and wine.” – Robin Leach
- “I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.” – Oscar Wilde
- “To the lover of wilderness, Alaska is one of the most wonderful countries in the world.” – John Muir
- “Rome – the city of visible history, where the past of a whole hemisphere seems moving in funeral procession with strange ancestral images and trophies gathered from afar.” – George Eliot
- “Own only what you can always carry with you: know languages, know countries, know people. Let your memory be your travel bag.” – Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
- “I have wandered all my life, and I have also traveled; the difference between the two being this, that we wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc
- “You get educated by traveling.” – Solange Knowles
- “To travel is to take a journey into yourself.” – Danny Kaye
- “Don’t tell me the sky’s the limit when there are footprints on the moon.” – Paul Brandt
- “A journey is measured in friends rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
- “I get a friend to travel with me… I need somebody to bring me back to who I am. It’s hard to be alone.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
- “Sometimes it’s the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination.” – Drake
Funny Travel Quotes
Travel is sometimes best summed up with a funny quote.
- “Airplane travel is nature’s way of making you look like your passport photo.” – Al Gore
- “In America, there are two classes of travel – first class, and with children.” – Robert Benchley
- “You know it’s time for a vacation when you start looking like the person on your driving license”
- “There should be sympathy cards for having to go back to work after vacation.”
- “If traveling was free, BYE!”
- “I’ve got 99 problems. But I am on vacation and I am ignoring them all!”
- “I will conquer the world. Like, from here to the post box.”
- “If travel would be free, you would never see me again. But it isn’t, so….what do we do tonight?”
- “A change of latitude would help my attitude.”
- “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
- “I need a vacation of 6 months. Twice a year!”
- “Be strong”, I whisper to my WiFi signal!
- “Life is not a fairytale. If you lose your shoes at midnight, you are drunk!”
- “Overpack. It’s why suitcases have wheels now.”
Romantic Travel Quotes
On a journey, quotes are sometimes inspired by our romantic partners. Going abroad often helps us get closer to our loved ones.
- “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” — Mark Twain, quote of travel
- “In life, it’s not where you go, it’s who you travel with” – Charles Schulz
- “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “Home is where the heart is, and my heart is wherever I am at the moment.” — Lily Leung
- “Travel brings power and love back into your life” – Rumi
- “Travel opens your heart, broadens your mind and fills your life with stories to tell.” – Paula Bendfeldt
What are some of your favourite travel quotes?