2016 was our first year of full-time nomadic travels, but despite our big audacious travel goals, things didn’t quite go according to plan.
Planning a Trip in the time of COVID?Keep in mind that information found in this article may have been impacted by travel restrictions and other closures. Double check opening hours, tour providers and hotel status before you go. And don't leave your home without travel insurance! If you are looking for an insurance provider that covers COVID-19, we recommend SafetyWing. Get Medical and Travel Insurance starting at just $40/month and you can sign up even if your trip has already started!
As many of you know, Oksana suffered a serious injury in February of this year, breaking her leg while surfing in Costa Rica. She recovered quickly, but her condition forced us to push back/cancel a lot of our initial travel plans for the year. We swapped physically challenging trips for easier ones, stayed open to opportunities, and made new plans as the year progressed.
Despite this initial setback and a somewhat slow start to our travel year, 2016 turned out to be a great year, full of amazing travel experiences! So to cap off the year, we are sharing a selection of our 11 top travel experiences in photos.
1. Getting Married on the Beach in Costa Rica
2. Discovering the beauty of Colorado on our US Road Trip
READ MORE: Ultimate Colorado Road Trip
3. Exploring Puntarenas Region in Costa Rica
4. Traveling back in time in Old Havana, Cuba
READ MORE: What to do in Havana, Cuba
5. Horseback Riding in Vinales, Cuba
WATCH MORE: Horseback riding in Vinales, Cuba
6. Visiting one of the World’s Natural Wonders – Iguazu Falls
7. Marvelling at the raw beauty of Fernando de Noronha Island in Brazil
8. Sailing along the Dalmatian Coast in Croatia
9. Getting close to nature at Croatia’s National Parks
10. Witnessing La Arribada (the arrival), a bi-annual turtle hatching event at Playa Ostional, Costa Rica
11. Trekking to the Lost City in Colombia
We can’t wait for 2017!